Friday, June 29, 2012

Day 2 Post-Op

Just a quick post today because I simply can't sit for long...


This has been an experience.


I am not taking the lessons lightly.


From this experience I will be a better Doula, a better Childbirth Educator, a better Gerontologist, a better Counselor, a better Friend, a better Daughter, a better Wife, a better Mother, simply a better Human Being.


From this experience I will appreciate the little things more and try not to get wrapped up in things that aren't important...and even those that are.  It's all one day at a time.  None of us knows what tomorrow holds.  This experiences reinforces that for me.


Life needed me to slow down and pay attention.  


I am paying attention.


I am learning.


I am growing.


That doesn't mean I don't have my missteps.  That doesn't mean I don't get frustrated and annoyed.  But am I learning.  And that's what is important.


And now, it's time to lie back down...again...


And see what lessons come from Day 3 Post-Op.


I'm still very thankful to be on the Post-Op side.  :-)









No comments:

Post a Comment