Monday, June 25, 2012

48 Hours

48 Hours from now, I'll be wheeled into surgery.


48 Hours from now, I'll go to sleep.


48 Hours from now, so many people will be sending me good thoughts, surrounding me with their love and care.


48 Hours from now, my mom will join me in the operating room so that I'm not alone.


48 Hours from now, I will be inaccessible to anyone and everyone for 45 minutes to an hour. I'm not sure I've ever been fully inaccessible to people in my life EVER prior to this.


48 Hours from now, a doctor I trust completely will put medical instruments into my body and will remove the invaders in my ovary and my uterus.


48 Hours from now, my fallopian tubes will be "tied" and that will officially end my years of fertility.


48 Hours from now, a camera will look around inside of me and will hopefully determine what is causing my pain.


~~~~~~


49 Hours from now, I will wake up in recovery and will see my husband.


49 Hours from now, the fear of the surgery will be over.


49 Hours from now, I will begin my recovery.


49 Hours from now, I will hopefully have some answers.


~~~~~~~


50 Hours from now, I will stop at the pharmacy on the way out of the outpatient center to pick up pain meds I will fight very hard not to take.


50 Hours from now, the sun will hit my face as I leave the outpatient center and I will feel it differently than I ever have before.


50 Hours from now, I'll be in the car headed home.




~~~~~~~


51 Hours from now, I'll see my wonderful children and be thankful to be home.


51 Hours from now, I'll curl up in my bed and sleep off my anesthesia.


51 Hours from now, I will have comforting dreams of healing.


51 Hours from now, the moving forward begins.



No comments:

Post a Comment